AS OF FEBRUARY 2022
Here are all my peer-reviewed and blog articles on protein modeling, CASP, and AlphaFold 2
I compiled here all my peer-reviewed articles (some papers, a couple of reviews, one opinion) and blog entries about modeling proteins without templates, the best tool out there so far (AlphaFold 2), and the contest on structure prediction that positioned its developer Deepmind at the top (CASP).
I preceded each link with a very short summary of the key points inside.
- About CASP, the Critical Assessment of Structure Prediction:
The Critical Assessment of Structure Prediction (CASP): Over a quarter century tracking the state…
If you are looking to learn about AlphaFold 2 and its impact on biology, check out this other story too!
- A specific application of AlphaFold 1-like methods to experimental structure determination:
Paper summary: Our work on a novel protein structure shows how machine learning can also help…
Lazaro et al. Communications Biology 2021 [open access here]
- The first Colab notebooks enabling everybody to run AlphaFold 2:
Google colab notebooks are already running Deepmind’s AlphaFold v. 2
Hundreds of scientists around the world are already profiting from this revolutionary software. And at no cost.
- The AlphaFold — EBI database that aims to cover all proteomes with structural models:
AlphaFold-based databases and fully-fledged, easy-to-use, online AlphaFold interfaces poised to…
Not only computational but also experimental biology. Thoughts on the future of data science niches in biology.
- MMSEQS-ColabFold, probably the most widely used form of AlphaFold:
The hype on AlphaFold keeps growing with this new preprint
Check out this new work democratizing access to the full power of AlphaFold2 by integrating it with a powerful protein…
- Developments that followed the release of AlphaFold, by Deepmind itself and also by lots of researchers all around the world: