I tested Ysense for two weeks. My experience + payment proofs + tips for performance
Ysense.com is a paid survey website. I was curious to know if it was a scam or real, what kind of questions one got asked, and how much they paid.
So I enrolled, which was very easy (just sign up here), and started playing with the system in my spare time, which was some 15 to 30 minutes per day during two weeks.
Here’s what I learned:
- Yep, it’s real, no scam! (talking specifically about Ysense, I didn’t try other sites for paid surveys). After filling around 30 surveys I made my first 25 USD, which I could get on my Paypal account. I was a bit dubious at first, because getting the money was not immediate… but I got it, after 5 days. Check below for proofs.
- They don’t pay much, at least compared to costs in Switzerland where I live. But maybe you find it enough to start making some income if you live in a cheaper country. In my short experience, the simpler, shorter surveys, that you can do in 5 minutes, gave me around 0.5 USD. Now and then I’d get some surveys that were better paid, but even those were quite low, maybe 2–3 USD for 20 minutes (only one was worth 3 USD and one 6 USD!). One of the pics at the end of the article show part of my history inside Ysense, you can see examples of pay amounts.
- Surveys seem to be quite tailored to your location. I’m in Switzerland and I got all kinds of questions about products, companies and jobs very specific to the country. Not even Europe, right Switzerland. And sometimes even tailored to my canton. In fact they are so tailored to specific demographic groups, that very often (maybe half of the surveys I was offered?) I got disqualified after a few questions because I didn’t match their target. In the pics I show at the end of the article you can see me not qualifying for many surveys.
- Most surveys are quite interesting, to a point that they were not boring to do (but they do take time). Frankly, I got to know products, shops, and things that I didn’t know about.
- You have to commit to the surveys, you cannot just click wherever to make them run fast. In fact, in-between the questions they ask special control questions to make sure you are paying attention. For example, I remember in a…